Friday, August 6, 2010

Can you love someone before you meet her?

As Lar and I sat in our hotel room 2 weeks ago and looked at the tiny pictures of the girl who might be our daughter, I asked him "Are we supposed to feel something?" He said "I don't know."

Two weeks later, I get more excited by the day about her arrival. I feel so attached to her. I told Lar "I didn't know I could love someone so much without even knowing her." He admitted that he didn't think I could either, since I am not exactly the warm and fuzzy one in the family.

But I do. I love her so much already. I never thought I had a "maternal instinct" but apparently I do.

4 comments:

  1. Of course you can love her! And that love will grow stronger every day for the rest of your lives. Many blessings to you and your family!

    ReplyDelete
  2. There are tears forming while I read this blog :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulation Mr. and Mrs. Crosswell, this is truly remarkable for you two. I had both of you while I was at Wando and I know that you two will be great parents.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teresa, thank you for your help and support.
    Stephanie, tears of joy or boredom?
    William, thanks! I hope you are well!

    ReplyDelete