Saturday, June 1, 2013

Abigail's First Hike

In South Carolina, we lived less than a mile from Palmetto Islands County Park (a 700+ acre park through wooded spaces, marshes, and open playing fields), and we have missed having a place like that since our move to Virginia.  Today, however, we explored a great little place a few miles from home.  Our out-and-back hike probably totaled only 2 miles, but it was a fun hike and Abigail became very excited about climbing on rocks and exploring. I love to watch my kid move:  she is so powerful and graceful.  I can't get enough of watching her.  (She was also excited about the picnic she packed and she picked out a great spot to eat, but was too excited for food at that point so she ended up eating it in the car on the way home instead.)
This section was her favorite part of the hike



Tell her aunts and uncles:  Abigail is
getting ready for her first hike up Old Rag!!
Kid at play


1 comment:

  1. Way to go for getting her outside and enjoying nature! My parents use to take me on hikes as a child and now I take my children.

    ReplyDelete