Friday, August 22, 2014

Tales from PA (in this case, Fish Tails)

Last week, we took a final summer trip to my parents' old farm in western Pennsylvania.  We have inadvertently started a tradition of going there during the coldest week in August for the past 5 years, which has really been wonderful: we get an early teaser-taste of fall, get to wear jeans and long sleeves in the evenings and sit around a campfire, and can be outside all day without sweating.  
My beautiful little fisherman.
She dug her own worms and
wasn't afraid of anything!

One of the things we did while in PA was to go fishing with the kids.  We went to a small pond owned by a friend of my dad.  It was one of those ponds full of naïve little fish that could be caught in a matter of seconds before being thrown back (and probably caught again!).  Abigail even caught several fish on a bare hook, but we lost track of how many she caught for the afternoon. 


This pic and the one below it crack me up
because they made me realize that every time
Abigail cast her line, my dad covered his eyes!

















1.  Baba showing Joseph how to hold the rod
2.  Joseph excited: Look!  I caught something!
3.  Ugh-ahhh!!!!  Joseph's hilarious first reaction at his fish.
4.  Okay, maaaaaybe I'll touch it.....
My mom, who understands that the parent who always holds
the camera never gets to be IN any pics since she herself is
a rarity in any of our childhood pictures, snapped a few pics with my camera.

My mom's candid shot shows what a beautiful and
relaxed afternoon we had with the kids.

No comments:

Post a Comment