Saturday, August 23, 2014

Tales from PA (part 2- hanging out on "the farm")

Part of the beauty of going to "the farm" is that is it a sort of mini-vacation for Larry and me.  My parents hands-on amuse the kids most of the time and there is SO MUCH SPACE.  So much beautiful, soft, green space.  The kids act differently there.  The never stop smiling.  They never stop moving.  They rarely demand to be picked up or held or get fussy.  They just run at 100% for about 15 hours per day before we toss their grubby bodies into a bath and tuck them into soft old beds covered in piles of well-worn blankets.  Even the dog acts differently there: we just let her do as she pleases and instead of sleeping all day, she runs and explores and sniffs.  The farm is truly a magical place.  (I don't know what I will do if my parents ever sell it and follow through on their abstract plans to move closer to us.  I can't even think about it.  I'll bawl for weeks.)

Anyhow, I know you are here for the pics, so enjoy them

"Helping" Yinski on the tractor, before they
started battling for control over the steering wheel!

"You look pensive."
"Damn.  I was going for thoughtful."

It is so amazing that 4 months ago
he was a Ramen noodle in a crib in one of
Henan's not-that-great orphanages!!

Abigail loves apple season as much as the horses.
(Can you spot the apple?)

...

Abigail ran over 50 acres for 4 days.  

Joseph got his first rides on the "Gatorade"
as Abigail called it.  He got 60 second turns
in-between Abigail's 5 minute turns, but he
didn't seem to notice or mind!

This boy is so resilient.  




How does my Chinese boy
have blonde hair?!?!

No comments:

Post a Comment